Are you a mobile startup or supporting industry startup company? Then, the GMASA’16 Startup Pitch Fest is for you!
The StartUp Pitch Fest will give startup angel or seed funded mobile companies and developers a chance to pitch their app or app ideas to a panel of judges. The app concept or app will be judged based on a set of criteria, including concept, interface and innovation, to determine three winners.
The winners of the Fest will gain a number of benefits including:
- Exposure: Increased exposure to a wider audience and potential investors
- Promotion: Free PR and promotions for your app through our social media and press coverage
- Prizes: Exciting prizes sponsored by a major player in the industry (to be determined)
Here’s a brief rundown of the rules of the Startup Pitch Fest:
- Submission: The final date for submission is 7th June, 2016. Entries should be submitted through this form
- Language: All entries should be submitted in English only. Supporting documents and material should also be in English. If you have a video, it should ideally be in English or should have English subtitles if it’s in another language.
- Accessibility: Your submission should be made accessible to our judges in either of the following ways:
- iTunes or Google Play Store Links, if your app is already published
- Downloadable file if your app is not fully developed
- Website with a redemption code, if your app is not free.
- Supporting Material: Along with your app, you will also need to submit the following:
- Details of the company or developer who is submitting the app
- Short description – upto 300 words – of your application which may be used publicly.
- Longer description – upto 1000 words – which will be kept strictly confidential
- Presentation detailing the concept, implementation and features of your app/idea.
The final nominees for the Pitch Fest will be notified on 17th June, 2016.
The Pitch Fest:
If your submitted app has been shortlisted for the Pitch Fest, you will get to pitch your app at the GMASA’16 in Bangalore. The Pitch Fest will take place on 7th July, 2016.
You will get 10 minutes to present your app to the panel of judges, explaining your app’s concept/function and benefits in detail. While preparing your pitch, make sure you factor in enough time – atleast 3 minutes – for any questions that the panel might have.
Come prepared. First and foremost, make sure you bring you app on a mobile device to demonstrate it to the judges. In addition, bring anything that will aid you with your pitch – business cards, information sheets, stickers, etc..
Following the Pitch Fest, three winners will be chosen by the judges. In addition to the benefits mentioned above, the winners will get to present their app to the audience with a 2-3 minute pitch fest!
So, what are you waiting for? Head on over here and submit your app!